Welcome to all who build, supply, sell, play, collect and appreciate fine, handcrafted string instruments and the complimentary products produced by world-class artisans.
It's fast and easy to participate in the LuthierCentral.com community as a General Member ... just sign up below.
If you participate in one, or more, of the below categopries, it is easy to become a Premium Member (at no cost). All members must initiate membersip by becoming a General Member. The confirmation email for your General Membership registration will include a link to the Premium Membership registration form.
Primary reasons for General Members to become Premium Members:
- Premium Members have access to and can contribute to category specific Forums.
- General Members can access only the General Member Forums.
- Premium Members may also have the opportunity to receive a Feature story that will highlight their contribution to Lutherie that will appear on the home page on a rotating basis with other Premium Members as well as having that feature appear in the LuthierCentral e-newsletter.
You may ask why there is restricted access to the category specific Forums?
- First and foremost, we do so because our members desired to have a secure peer to peer method of communication outside of general forums.
- Secondly, by doing so an atmosphere is created where free, open dialog with frank, honest discussions among and between peers can take place.
- The General Forum is accessable by all members while those designated as Master Luthiers will always have access to all other Forums.
As the community expands, if a need to restrict particular content areas to specific membership types that designation will be lead by the member community. All content other than the aforementioned category specific Forums, is available to all registered members.
Premium Membership is available in the following categories:
(1) Beginning & Amateur Luthiers; (2) Master Luthiers (see * below); (3) Artisans, not-Luthier; (4) Collectors; (5) Media; (6) Musicians / Performers; (7) Retailers; (8) Suppliers.Members who desire to register for Premium Membership in one of the above categories will need provide information in support of their application as stated in the membership application. Please include all "required" information as this information will be used by the site administrator to verify the member's qualifications for the category for which they register. If you desire to register as a Premium Member in more than 1 (one) category, you need to make that request when registering for the desired primary Premium Membership category. If you find a need/desire to gain membership in another category at a later date, please contact the site administrator via SiteMail or here.
- Membership at the General level is required to purchase and / or list products in the Marketplace at LuthierCentral.com. Registration is FREE.
- It is necessary to register as a Vendor in order to sell in the Marketplace at LuthierCentral.com. Registration is FREE.
- Registration as a Vendor requires additional information. Once your community role has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing a link for Vendor registration of you may register simply by clicking here or when at the web-site, placing your cursor over the Marketplace button and clicking on Vendor Profile / Account. Registeration AND listing in the Marketplace is FREE.
- We respond to all membership requests within 36 hours of your submission, 365 days a year.
* A minimum of 5 years of full-time experience in the field of Lutherie is required to gain membership in the Master Luthier category.
If you have achieved Master Luthier status but do not have 5 years of experience in the field, your petition will be accepted for inclusion in the Master Luthier category by supplying evidence of your practical experience / education in the field that will show your continued practice in the field since the completion of that sited education / experience.
Each petition will be decided on a case by cases basis. Please contact the web-site administrator with your supporting information.